Thank You All For Your Gracious Support.
We Look Forward to a Fabulous Evening!
S.P.P.F. Home Tour Event Sneak Peek
Preview the Homes, Silent & LIVE Auctions!
The F.N. Finney House | Enjoy an appetizer with your wine and then explore the intricate details on the porch and both levels of this lovingly maintained home designed by G.L. Stimson, one of the original Oaklawn developers.
The Cattern House | Dine under the stars in the lush gardens of this fully remodeled estate, which includes a two-story grand entryway once used for entertaining and early meetings of the women’s suffrage movement. The plated, seated dinner of Italian-sausage-stuffed beef tenderloin served over sweet potato hash and finished with a blue cheese and bacon cabernet reduction, will be catered by chef Lalo Sanchez of Patrick Kirchen’s Crossings. Vegetarian, vegan and gluten-free options will also be available.
The Henry Laws House | The second course will be near the pool and vegetable gardens of this Craftsman Chalet. Inside, you’ll find examples of stunning woodwork in the beautiful oak and mahogany staircase and renovated kitchen cabinets, which mirror the stick work on the cabinets in the original pantry.
The Kellerman House | Browse through an exceptional collection of live and silent auction items, and then enjoy dessert on the sprawling rear lawn of this home that served as the temporary home to the King Carl XVI Gustaf and Queen Silvia of Sweden during the 1984 Olympics. (It was an anniversary of sorts, as the couple met at the 1972 Olympics.)
Oaklawn Portals | Built to frame the great oak that once greeted visitors from the middle of Oaklawn Avenue, the Oaklawn Portals and the fence that surrounded the development were designed and built by Charles and Henry Greene 110 years ago. The portals, fence, tree benches and bridge were the first structures at Oaklawn, and served as advertisements to the undeveloped lots.
LIVE Auction During Dinner
Be sure to catch all the details on these gorgeous auction retreat packages
Astonishing Silent Auction Items & Special Thank You to All
This event would not be possible without the overwhelming & enormous support of our members, attendees, donors, volunteers, & fervent SPPF board members.
Preview the event Silent Auction List & Donors and be Ready for Adventure & Delight this Saturday Night….
“Through the Neighborhood Gates of Oaklawn” 2015 Auction
The South Pasadena Preservation Foundation Board of Directors wishes to thank all of its donors. Their support generates critical funds for the continuation of the Foundation’s work in supporting community preservation and in enriching cultural heritage awareness.
- Glen Duncan, South Pasadena, Route 66 in California (autographed)
- Ann Burckle, Woodland Hills, Assortment of Books about Los Angeles
- Michael Connolly, DreamWorks Animation, Glendale, “Penguins of Madagascar” Gift Basket
- Geoff Elliott and Julia Rodriguez-Elliott, aNoise Within, Pasadena, 2 Tickets to a Performance
- Lissa and James Reynolds, Fremont Centre Theatre, South Pasadena, 2 Tickets to Any of their Shows
- Pasadena Playhouse, Pasadena, 2 Tickets to a Main Stage Production (debut week)
- Sindee Brown Riboli, Sharp Seating Company, Pasadena, 2 Rose Parade Seat Tickets, plus a Parking Pass
- Eric Frase, Laemmle Theatres, Santa Monica, 6 Admit One Passes
- Women’s Committee, Pasadena Symphony & POPS Association, 4 Tickets to the Holiday Look In Home Tour
- Glen Duncan, South Pasadena, 4-Course Gourmet Dinner for 8 with Wine Pairings, plus Historic House Tour (Live Auction item)
- Joseph Griffin, Griffins of Kinsale, South Pasadena, 4-$25 Gift Certificates
- LGO Hospitality, Santa Monica (The Luggage Room, Pasadena), $50 Gift Certificate
- Gale Kohl, Gale’s Restaurant, Pasadena, Lunch for Four
- Joanne Hawkins, Green Street Restaurant, Pasadena, $40 Gift Certificate
- Sherrill Bailey, Shiro, South Pasadena, Prix Fixe Dinner for 2 (food only) on a Wednesday Night
- Briganti Restaurant, South Pasadena, $50 Gift Certificate, plus a Magnum of Wine
- Steve and Ashley Ahn, Mike and Anne’s, South Pasadena, 2-$50 Gift Certificates
- Lure Fish House, Ventura, $25 Gift Certificate (Live Auction Item)
- Debbie Thomas, Thomas Hill Organics, Paso Robles, $30 Gift Card (Live Auction Item)
- The Ramirez Bianchi Corporation, El Portal Yucatan/Mexican Cuisine, Pasadena, $50 Gift Certificate
- Lisa Scalia, Melting Pot Food Tours, Beverly Hills, 2 Tickets for a 3.5 hour Tour of Old Pasadena (food, history, culture)
- Susan Masterman, Susan Masterman Architects, South Pasadena, Restaurant Gift Cards (combined with Lure Fish House and Thomas Hill Organics)
- Sally Cook, Heirloom Bakery & Café, South Pasadena, $25 Gift Certificate
- Diana and Larry McGrail, South Pasadena, 3 Night Stay at a Home on Hollywood Beach, Ventura County (Live Auction Item)
- Pat Wright, Arroyo Vista Inn B&B, South Pasadena, 1 Night Stay, plus Late Afternoon Wine and Cheese, and Breakfast
- Steve Cass, Cass Vineyard & Winery, Paso Robles, 3 days/2 nights Stay at the Cass Guest House (Live Auction Item)
- Shonna Howenstine, Tourism Coordinator, Paso Robles, 1 Hour of Personal Trip Planning Time (Live Auction Item)
- The Langham Huntington, Pasadena, 1 Night Stay with Breakfast for 2 and Overnight Valet Parking
- Kim Cooper, Esotouric Bus Adventures, Los Angeles, 1-Pair Pass for 2 to Ride on One of their historic Los Angeles Bus Tours
- Annie Laskey, Los Angeles Conservancy, Los Angeles, Docent-led Tour for 15
- Evans Hotels, The Lodge at Torrey Pines, La Jolla, 1 Night Stay with Breakfast for 2
- Janet Hoyden, The Bissell House Bed and Breakfast, South Pasadena, 1 Night Stay for Successful Bidder and 1 Guest
- Tisa Adamson, Mission Tile West, South Pasadena, 24”x36” Etched Stone Tile
- Kathy Adamson, Mission Kitchen and Bath, South Pasadena, Wall Sconce and 24”x36” Tilting Mirror
- Annie Aldrich, Annie’s Garden Ceramics, Big Bear Lake, Ceramic Daffodil Wall Vase
- Tamara Kaye-Honey, House of Honey, South Pasadena, Signature Soy Honey Candle
- Janet Ontko, Clay Forms, Fresno, Kiln-fired and Glazed Bear
- Leisa Collins, “art with a message,” South Pasadena, Framed 15”x12” Pen and Watercolor House Portrait
- Rick Drobner, Ceramist, La Crescenta, Kiln-fired, hand-thrown pot with a blue and white glaze
- Kim Ziel, Photographer, Los Angeles 2-Fine Art Photographs 11×17 BW Framed & 16×20 Color Framed
- Cha-Rie Tang, Pasadena Craftsman Tile, Pasadena, 5.5”x8” Batchelder Peacock Decorative Relief Tile
- Mei-Ling and Jonathan Hubbard, Water Margin Studios, Pasadena, Walnut-inlaid Cherry Wood Snack Board
- Yoshiko Yamamoto, The Arts & Crafts Press, Tacoma, WA, Block Print titled “Tomatoes”
- Tim Gregory, The Building Biographer, Pasadena, House History
- Jane Bird, Design Imports, Pasadena, Handmade Mexican Silver Earrings with Matching Cuff Bracelet, Oxidized
- Michele Foster, Michele Foster Designs, Ventura, Handmade “Mid-Century” Pendant
- Linda Davis, Koi, South Pasadena, Black, Hand-embroidered Scarf/Shawl
- Camille Frances DePedrini, Camille DePedrini, South Pasadena, “Candela” Dress
- Rue de Mimo, South Pasadena, Blanque Lady’s Blouse and Fraas Scarf
- Sandra Garden, Garden Salon, South Pasadena, Gardenia-scented Personal Care Items
- Marcia Ellinger, Marz, South Pasadena, Handwoven Silk Scarf from India
- Ann Burckle, Woodland Hills, Floral Collection
- Odom and Kate Stamps, Stamps & Stamps, South Pasadena, 1 Case of Justin 2012 “Isosceles”
- Chris and Bev Jones, Pasadena, 1 Magnum, 2006 Robert Mondavi Reserve Cabernet
- Eos Winery, Paso Robles, Reserve Tasting Certificate for 4 (Live Auction Item)
- Anonymous, Calcareous Winery, Paso Robles, $20 Gift Card and Bottle of 2011 Cabernet Sauvignon (Live Auction Item)
- Anonymous, Midnight Winery & Vineyard, Paso Robles, 4 Complimentary Wine Tastings and Bottle of 2012 Midnight Aurora (Live Auction Item)
- Kathy Adamson, Mission Oaks Wine, South Pasadena, 1 Case of 2009 Mission Oaks Zinfandel
- John Kelliher, Grapeline Tours, Paso Robles, Gift Certificate for 2 Picnic Tours on the Grapeline (Live Auction Item)
- Tina and Ray Bunch, Pasadena, Bottle of 2011 Goldeneye Pinot Noir, Anderson Valley
- Anonymous, Vino V Wines, Ventura, 1 Bottle each of 2012 Syrah (White Hawk) and 2012 Syrah (Bien Nacido Vineyard) (Live Auction Item)